The Instagram login process can be performed in a great number of ways. Not only can users login to Instagram through the dedicated mobile app, but they can also login Instagram through their internet browser. Furthermore, Instagram login with Facebook is also available, through a simple Instagram login Facebook button right on the Instagram login page. Our Instagram Login Guide and Troubleshooting will cover all of these topics and more, in an easy-to-read and user-friendly fashion.
Without a doubt, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms at the moment. As of 2014, more than 300 million users had active accounts, with the number rising year by year. If you have just created an account, you can perform Instagram login in just a couple of minutes. If you’re not registered yet, we’ll explain Instagram login create account steps in the second part of our guide.
Discover all the Instagram logins below!
Instagram Online Login Steps
Instagram login online is available to all users who have an account with this social media outlet. After this Instagram account login, users have access to basic features, such as:
- Viewing accounts and content
- Viewing personal account
- Liking content
- Commenting and tagging other users
However, Instagram.com login does not support uploading photos or videos. Nevertheless, www.instagram.com login does allow creating an account. To sign up for Instagram login, please see the instructions in the fourth section of our guide.
This is how to login to Instagram through your browser:
- Prepare your desktop computer or laptop and make sure it has a working internet connection.
- Go to instagram.com, either by clicking the link or by typing in ‘Instagram.com’ in the address bar of the browser you usually use.
- The Instagram login page should look like the screenshot we have inserted above. If it doesn’t resemble the image, you might have reached the wrong page. If on a different page, make sure that you entered the web domain correctly.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your screen and click the Log in link next to Have an account? If you want to sign up for Instagram login, we’ll explain how to do so further on.
- In the Instagram login box, please enter your Username
- Afterwards, proceed with your Password in the second field.
- Press the blue Log in button to complete the process.
- You should now be logged into your Instagram account. Continue by liking and commenting on content.
If you can’t remember your password for Instagram login, all you have to do is click on the Forgot? link at the end of the Password field. You will be automatically redirected to the Instagram login help page for resetting your password. All you have to do is enter either your e-mail address or username in the first field.
To make sure that you’re not a robot, you will have to enter the captcha code that appears on your screen. If you want another code, press the refresh icon. To listen to the code, press the speaker icon. Once you make out the words in the code, enter them in the last empty field on your screen. Click the green Reset Password button to complete the process.
Instagram Login App Instructions
As Instagram is mainly used as a mobile app, logging in is usually carried out through a mobile device. The app is available to iOS and Android users, provided their devices are compatible. If you have the app installed and your Instagram login credentials created, continue with these steps:
- Open the Instagram app in your mobile phone. The steps should be pretty similar to the Instagram login online ones. As you can see, the background screen regularly changes colors, from purple, to blue or red.
- Start by entering your Username. Pay attention so no typos slip in.
- Once your username is entered, continue by typing in your Password. You will only be able to see each character as you type it, so be careful. If you messed up and want to start again, simply click the ‘X’ at the end of the box.
- Push Login to access your account with the app.
For lost passwords, the Get help signing in link needs to be clicked.
How to Login Instagram with Facebook
Regardless if you’re using the website or the app, Instagram Facebook login is available to all users who want to access Instagram with their Facebook account. If you’re on Instagram.com on your computer already, go ahead with these steps:
- At the top of your screen, press the Log in with Facebook It should have the logo of the aforementioned social media platform to the left.
- The button will automatically take you to another login page, that for Facebook. Please enter either your Email or Phone Number in the first field.
- In the second one, provide the Password associated with your Facebook account.
- If you’re logging on from a personal computer, check Keep me logged in. If you have any login problems or you want to sign up for a Facebook account, press any one of the links related to these actions.
- Push the blue Log In
If you want to login to Instagram with Facebook from a mobile device, simply start by opening the app. Click on the same Log in with Facebook button and follow the same steps as the ones we have described above.
Instagram Login Sign Up Procedure
To sign up for Instagram login, you will need to have the following four pieces of information:
- Active email address
- Full name
- Desired username
- Desired password
After that, you can sign in either through the website or the app. We’ll walk you through the instructions for the online login, which can be adapted for mobile use.
- Access instagram.com.
- Enter a valid Email address in the first field. The email you provide needs to be active so you can confirm your registration.
- Type in your Full Name. Please note that this information will be public.
- Enter the Username you’d like for your account. If it’s already taken, try similar options.
- Lastly, provide the Password you want.
- Press Sign up, confirm your account and start using Instagram.
Help for Instagram Login Error
If you have an Instagram login problem, you will most likely be able to solve it through their Help Center. Basic login issues are all covered on this page. You will learn:
- What you have to do if you can’t remember your password
- How to recover your username
- What to do if you have problems resetting your password
- What to do if you still can’t log in
- How to recover your account if you don’t have access to your initial email anymore
- What to do if your account has been disabled
Additional help can be found on this page. You’ll have access to full troubleshooting tips for signing into your Instagram account. On the left side of your screen, you can find help for installing or updating Instagram, following someone or posting a photo. For help on comments, click the category that reads Posting, Editing or Deleting a Comment. You’ll also see the basics for liking and unliking photos, saving them or tapping a hashtag or username.
For any other problems, don’t hesitate to visit the Instagram Help Center.