Online License Plate Renewal In Utah Instruction Guide – If you are a resident of Utah, you can benefit from an amazing service that will save you many hours of your free time. Drivers in this state have the opportunity to renew their license online, thanks to RenewalExpress.Utah. The service came to exist as a result of customers waiting too much in line at the DMV (Division of Motor Vehicles) department. Once they discover the secure platform, almost all drivers in the state will want to get an online license plate renewal in Utah with RenewalExpress.Utah.gov.
After using the Renewal Express services, the only other bumper item Utah residents will have to buy is a sticker. If this is the first time you are using RenewalExpress.Utah.gov and you need a bit of assistance getting around the platform, you can consult the detailed guide we have prepared for online license plate renewal in Utah below. We understand your anxiety if this is your first time and you’ve heard many things about the online license plate renewal process and you’re unsure how to proceed. But there’s no need to worry, all will be easy as pie.
Step by Step Instructions for Online License Plate Renewal in Utah
- Go to renewalexpress.utah.gov either by clicking on the link or copying and pasting it into your internet browser.
- You will be redirected to the Online License Plate Renewal in Utah (Renewal Express) home page. Here, you have two main options: to renew or finalize your registration or to obtain a 15 day temporary inspection permit. The Review or Finalize your Registration option is for individuals whose vehicle has passed required inspections or if it does not require any, if they have already received an operating permit for a temporary period of time and they need to complete the registration process or if they have finished their renewal and want to go back to the confirmation page. For plate renewal, click the green “Renew/Finalize Your Registration” button.
- Utah.gov will send you to a “Start Your Renewal” page where you must enter your personal details to continue. Take the license plate and PIN from the notice you received in the mail (if you have any trouble identifying these details, you can click on this link: https://secure.utah.gov/rex/help/plate.html). Enter the information into the first two fields provided in the form.
- In case your Personal Identification Number does not work properly, you will have to complete the “Alternate Information” fields requested by the platform: Last Name, Five-Digit Zip Code, License Plate, and the last 8 digits of your VIN.
- Click the “Start Your Renewal” button to complete the process and obtain your renewed license.
- In case your registration has expired or if it will expire in the following week, you can request a temporary permit by clicking the “Request a Temporary Permit” button on the Renewal Express home page. You will need the same information as in the case of renewal and you will have to follow similar instructions.
- If you need to update your address, you can access the Utah Motor Vehicle Portal here: https://mvp.tax.utah.gov/_/.
- For those interested in obtaining either a Utah Driver License or Identification card, you must contact the Utah Department of Public Safety for instructions. You can do so on their official website here: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/dld/.
- If you have any further issues with renewing your Utah driver’s license online, you can contact the Utah.gov support page, which offers assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, here: http://www.utah.gov/support/index.html. In addition to this, you can call the Express Renewal customer support team at 801-983-0275 or the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles at 1-800-DMV-UTAH for temporary permits of operation.
More Information about the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles
The Utah State Tax Commission Division of Motor Vehicles, commonly referred to as Utah DMV, provides drivers in this state with all of the resources they require for license, titles and registration of their vehicles. On their DMV.Utah.gov website, you can apply for a refund, look into the fee summary, learn more about privacy of records, replace decals, plates and titles (among others), read about Tax Commission appeals and Utah motor vehicle statistics. Even more so, you can change your address and manage your vehicle, access the Impound Vehicle Service, see the On The Spot station map, research Personalized and special group plates, report a sold vehicle and check out the State Impound Yard Directory or the Watch Your Car program.
The full list of vehicles covered by the Utah State Tax Commission Division of Motor Vehicles, included but not limited to passenger cars, apportioned vehicles, motor homes, commercial and heavy vehicles, motor homes, trailers, snowmobiles, motorcycles, campers, ATVs, park model recreational vehicles or dirt bikes, just to name a few. The hours between which you can benefit from Utah DMV services is from Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can visit any one of their 29 offices in Beaver, Box Elder, Cache, Carbon, Daggett, Davis, Duchesne, Emery, Garfield, Grand, Iron, Juab, Kane, Millard, Morgan, Piute, Rich, Salt Lake, San Juan, Sanpete, Sevier, Summit, Tooele, Uintah, Utah, Wasatch, Washington, Wayne or Weber. The DMV can be contacted by telepohone (800-368-8824), email (email@example.com), postal mail (Utah State Tax Comission, Motor Vehicle Division, P.O. Box 30412, Salt Lake City, UT 84130). You also have the option of requesting a meeting for more detailed matters, by sending an email at the address provided above.
Useful External Links and Resources:
- Online License Plate Renewal in Utah Website – renewalexpress.utah.gov
- Utah Express Renewal Temporary Permits – Frequently Asked Questions – https://secure.utah.gov/feedback/faqs.html?app=temp-permits
- Utah State Tax Commission Division of Motor Vehicles Official Website – http://www.dmv.utah.gov/
- gov Support Page – http://www.utah.gov/support/index.html
- Contact Utah DMV – http://dmv.utah.gov/contact
- gov Feedback Application – https://secure.utah.gov/feedback/service.html