Scholarships for hispanic students | Best Top 8 Scholarships for Hispanic Women – Scholarships for Hispanic women are popular throughout the United States because a large number of institutions wish to encourage a diverse student population, while also offering equal studying chances for members of each community.
Below, we have selected the best scholarship options for Hispanic women, which can represent a major influencing factor in achieving one’s college and career goals.
Best Scholarships For Hispanic Women
The best way to look for the best scholarships for Hispanic women is to check out the top institutions with specialized programs in this regard. These institutions do not just encourage education but they also offer generous awards for motivated students with good performances.
1. Lubbock Hispanic Association of Women
The Lubbock Hispanic Association of Women offers Hispanic scholarships for 20 young Latina students each year. The standard grant is $1,000. You can use this award to pay fees, resident tuition, and books. For additional information, you can call (713) 789-5508.
- You may also download a scholarship application here.
2. Sallie Mae First in My Family Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship for Hispanic women, you need to be the first applicant in your family that wants to obtain a bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
The award varies between $500 and $5,000. Plus, you have to be a permanent resident of the United States or a U.S. citizen.
In addition, you have to demonstrate your financial need. Also, applicants need to have at least 3.0 GPA. On the other hand, you must be an undergraduate attending school full-time in Puerto Rico or the United States.
Furthermore, your documentation has to include a resume, a letter of recommendation, and an official transcript. Moreover, you have to state your family income and prove your citizenship status. Semi-finalists will be required an essay along with financial aid verification.
- For any additional information, you can click on this link.
3. Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
Hispanic college scholarships are also offered by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Program. This institute focuses on increasing the graduation rate of Hispanic students who are in post-secondary educational programs.
There are three types of awards:
- First, $1,000 for an associate degree.
- Second, $2,500 to an undergraduate degree.
- Last but not least, $5,000 for graduate-level study.
With this money, you can cover educational enrollment expenses, tuition, board, room, and textbooks. In order to apply, you have to be enrolled full-time in a United States Department of Education graduate program or an accredited college.
Also, you must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, with authorisation to work full-time. Applicants have to prove their financial need and actively participate in community activities. It is worth mentioning that you need excellent writing skills.
- To find out more, go to the official website.
4. Adelante Fund
Besides scholarships, Adelante Fund offers internships and leadership development as well. Plus, it receives sponsorship from MillerCoors Hispanic Organization for Public Employees (HOPE).
Junior and senior university students may receive an award up to $3,000. Also, you have to be a U.S. citizen of Hispanic descent or a permanent resident with at a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Furthermore, you must keep your full-time enrollment status during the scholarship period. Plus, you need two letters of recommendation as well.
- For more information, visit the official page.
5. Spanish American Institute (SAI)
The Spanish American Institute grants scholarships for Hispanic women to tackle the financial issues students usually come across.
To apply, they need to be full-time students in a vocational program, accredited university, or college. Additionally, these students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Also, this program is available only for students with no documents, citizens, and permanent residents.
- For more information, you can click on this link or call to 562-424-1294.
6. Young Latinas Leadership Institute (YLLI)
This organization offers scholarships for Hispanic women living in NYC and the surrounding areas. Until now, YLLI has granted over $144,000 to 35 Latina students.
This program is available for high school graduates. Also, you must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and be enrolled in a four-year CUNY college. However, students get only five scholarships every year.
Moreover, applicants make a three-year commitment to bring their contribution in a wide variety of activities including workshops.
- For additional information, go to the website.
7. LULAC National Education Services Centers
There are three types of scholarships for Hispanic women offered by this institute:
- First, the National Scholastic Achievement Awards of $2,000 to freshmen with a minimum 3.5 GPA, at least 29 on the ACT and with a SAT of 1350.
- Next, the Honors Awards between $500 and $2,000 for students with 1100 SAT score, 23 on the ACT, and 3.25 GPA.
- Last but not least, there is the General Awards of $250 to $1,000 for motivated students with excellent academic performance, community activity, and good grades.
- If you want to find out more, go to the official page.
8. Haz La U
This Colgate-Palmolive Scholarship Program offers 15 awards for dedicated Latina students.
- The top student receives a one-time award of $15,000.
- On the other hand, the rest of the students get a one-time scholarship of $2,500.
To be eligible, you must be a lawful permanent resident, U.S. citizen, or Hispanic American.
- Click on this link for more info.
Final Word On Scholarships For Hispanic Women
To sum up, it is important to understand why scholarships are such a great support for these women. Well, some people simply cannot afford to pay for their college. Also, there are other additional expenses including rent, food, and public transportation just to name a few.
As such, when you simply can’t rely on other resources, your parents included, scholarships will certainly come in handy.
We have presented you a detailed list with some of the best scholarship-awarding institutions for higher education throughout the United States. We hope that you will make up your mind, take your chance, and apply to win one of these scholarships.
I hope this guide was helpful to you?
For more inquiries, please use the Comment Box Below and kindly help SHARE the information to your friends and colleagues on your Social Media Platforms.