University of Geneva Scholarships For Masters in European And International Governance – Currently, applications are open for the Scholarships for Masters in European and International Governance offered by the University of Geneva, Switzerland. The program is open for all the graduates and professionals with different backgrounds working or wishing to work in national administrations operating at the international level.
The University of Geneva, will be awarding several scholarships to talented students who are in search of funds to accomplish their education. The scholarships can be utilized to cover the recipient’s tuition fees and other living allowance.
Why study at the University of Geneva?
Entering to study at the University of Geneva represents an exceptional opportunity to learn Rousseau’s language (a citizen of Geneva) in a highly livable cosmopolitan city. To provide its overseas students with the necessary tools, the UNIGE offers them, through the Faculty of Humanities and the ELCF, an array of French courses for all levels.
The university pursues a very active policy of international relations; particularly, it participates in numerous bi- or multilateral agreements, networks and programs such as Erasmus and Socrates.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to graduates and professionals with different backgrounds working or wishing to work in national administrations operating at the international level (including diplomatic services and civil servants of ministries such as Foreign Affairs, Trade, Economy, Finance, Agriculture, Justice and Home affairs, etc.) or in European administrations, international and non-governmental organizations, associations and foundations are dealing with international affairs.
- There is no minimum requirement for grade point average, but please note that the admission process is highly competitive.
- Candidates from other academic areas holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or its recognized equivalent might be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying a masters degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
How to Apply for University of Geneva Scholarships For Masters
In order to apply for the scholarships, candidates are required to follow the below steps:
1: Apply for the Scholarship
Interested applicants must apply first to the MEIG Program to get consideration for the scholarship program. Incoming students can then apply for the scholarship by downloading the pdf application form and submitting it to the given email address, i.e. email@example.com, along with all the required documents.
2: Submit Required Documents
- Copies of official statements of income (your own or any other relevant persons, family members or other, whom you might call on for support);
- An official statement from a bank or other savings institution, or tax forms, indicating available funds and assets;
- Copies of responses to your other scholarship or loan requests, including from employers, if applicable.
- Please complete a 3,500 characters (maximum) description of the main motives for your scholarship request, in English.
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (certified translation in English) (Minimum GPA recommended 2.7 or above on the scale of 0-4); Official Undergraduate Diploma (certified translation in English); Non-refundable application fee of CHF 150.
Depending on students’ nationality, they need a Swiss Schengen visa to travel to Switzerland. All visa procedures remain in the participant’s responsibility and must be arranged before arriving in Geneva. The Switzerland visa requirements depend largely on the purpose of your travel.
For example, suppose you’re applying for a Swiss business visa. In that case, they may need to provide a business-related document that is not necessary when you apply for a Swiss tourist visa.
Application Deadline: Varies Yearly,
Contact address: +41 22 379 71 11
University location: 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
These scholarships cover mainly tuition fees. We may also be able to arrange for partial scholarships towards living expenses during the program.
If awarded, the award amount of financial aid is calculated according to the applicant’s financial situation, as reported in the scholarship application form.
Hope you find this platform useful.
Share this Post with your friends using the FACEBOOK and TWITTER buttons below!