Visa Program In USA For Foreign Applicants – The following listed below is the various ways you can check your Green card application status.
How To Check Green Card Application Status
- Pay Your Immigrant Visa Fee
- Check if you are exempted
The USCIS uses the fee to process your green card, so anybody can apply for the card except for the groups of people listed below.
- K non-immigrants
- Returning lawful permanent residents
- Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants
- Identify who can pay your fee
You can pay your fees or you can give it to anyone who have your Alien number and Department of State (DOS) Case ID such as your friend, family member or accredited representative.
Retrieve your immigrant information
The U.S., the U.S Consulate or Embassy should have given you a variety of information before leaving for The U.S. This information includes;
- DOS Case ID
- Instructions for paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee
- Sealed immigrant visa packet
- Pay online
To pay online using credit card or bank account using an Automated Clearing House payment.
- Visit www.uscis.gov/file-online.
- Click on the Login button.
- Enter your A-Number and On the DOS Case ID.
- Finally, enter your payment details.
- Check Online
Find your receipt number
This is a 13-character identifier that you may find on some notices of action USCIS has sent to you. It should begin with three letters and then have 10 numbers. Notice of action documents are called I-797 forms, so search for this number on the form. Maximum communications from the USCIS have a receipt number, but some of these will be temporary. Search for a receipt number on an I-797 form.
- Visit the website.
- Read your status
After you enter your receipt number, you will be told about the status of your green card. You will receive the green card 120 days from the date you arrived the U.S. on your immigrant visa if you paid your immigrant visa fee before you arrived in the country.
If you paid after you have arrived in the country, then you can expect to receive your green card within 6 months after you pay your fee. Since it can take a while for your card to arrive, it’s best to pay the fee before you come to the United States. You might also pay the fee after you arrive. If you arrive in the United States and have not yet paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee, USCIS will send you a notice requesting payment with instructions on paying your fee.
Signing Up for Automatic Updates
- Read the terms and conditions
- Visit the website: www.egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. Highlight on create an account.
- Read through the terms and conditions to make sure you agree. If you do, then click “Accept.”
- Provide the required information
- To create an account, you will need to deliver the following personal information:
- Email address;
- Mobile phone number;
- Preferred email language;
- Receipt number;
Choose a username
- Your user name must be between eight to 14 characters.
- You cannot use the “$” sign.
- Use an easy username and write it down for reference.
Create a password
The password rules are complicated. Make sure your password meets the following criteria:
- Your password must be between eight and 14 characters
- The password must not be the same as your user name
- Your password must not contain the “$” sign
- It cannot contain the word “password”
- Your password must have at least one number
- Your password must have at last one English upper-case character
- Your password must have at least one lower-case English character
Answer security questions
You’ll need to provide answers to four safety questions, e.g., “What was the name of your first pet?”, write down the questions and answers so that you can recover them.
Select your method for receiving updates
You can receive updates via email or through text message. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will send automatic updates whenever an action has been taken on your request.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.